Re: rxvt slow to get the prompt if another rxvt is already open on windows 7 64bit

2009/8/12:
> I have been using for long time cygwin on WinXP Prof 32bit and the
> terminal I always use is the rxvt. Everything has always worked properly.
> Now I will get a new PC and I am thinking to switch to windows 7 64bit
> (the official release just released some days ago), so I am doing some
> tests because the not-correct-functionality of cygwin and rxvt would be a
> no-go for it.
>
> Up to now almost everything seem to work. The only problem that I have is:
>
> * I start one rxvt console --> fast startup, I get fast the prompt,
> everything nice.
> * I keep that console open and I start another rxvt console --> the rxvt
> window pops up, but until I get the prompt it stays in a "loading/not
> responding" state for 5 to 8 seconds. Then once I get the prompt
> everything works fine
> * same thing with every rxvt console I open afterward (without closing the
> previous ones).
> * I close all of them, I start again the procedure --> same result: the
> first is fast all other are slow.

I had the same issue with mintty, and it was the creation of a utmp
entry that did it (which is why that's off by default now).

Try invoking rxvt with -ut. (Or possibly +ut; I'm not quite sure which
way round the switch goes.)

Andy