Re: Readline not working anymore in interactive interpreters

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 03:01:44PM +0200, Olivier Lefevre wrote:
>I was hoping we would not be playing ye olde finger-pointing
>game. It used to work and it no longer does yet the interpreter
>has not changed. How could it not be an issue within Cygwin?
>
>I am not asking to take responsibility for non-Cygwin executables
>but to offer a hint as to what could possibly cause this failure.

The only thing that I can think of that a new version of
readline/terminfo/ncurses could effect is the default mode of the the
console, if you are using a standard windows console.  Maybe the console
isn't being reset to "cooked" mode.  Have you tried holding down the
shift keys when using the arrow key to recall previous commands?

cgf