Re: Launching CMD.EXE windows from cygwin bash

I wrote:
>>cygstart /cygdrive/c/windows/system32/cmd.exe
>>
>>or, if you have that in your $PATH, just
>>
>>cygstart `which cmd`

As it turns out, just

cygstart cmd

works on both my installations at work (one 1.5 and one 1.7, both on
Vista); on the PC at home (1.7 on XP) I had to specify the full path
to cmd.exe.  Will have to investigate that when I get home.

Barry Buchbinder pointed out:
> cygstart has an option to set the working directory.

An excellent point!

cygstart -d /path/to/directory cmd

should do the trick.

--