Help building boost-1.39 on cygwin-1.7 using gcc-4

Hi there,

I am trying to build the latest boost on cygwin-1.7 using g++-4

I configured boost to use the gcc-4, that far no problem.

Then, I built it giving it the link=static and runtime-link=static options

It seems however that the build is not successful, although the build
completes (giving lots of auto-import messages) the program hangs.
Giving -Wl,--enable-auto-import results in a more ultimate freeze of
the program (given as a suggestion to another poster on auto-import
messages):
      4 [main] myprogram 4664 sig_send: wait for sig_complete event
failed, signa
l 6, rc 258, Win32 error 0

So, no giving --enable-auto-import to the linker doesn't fix anything.

Do you know how to do this right? I was able to build using this
approach using a self-built gcc 4 and boost-1.37 on the older cygwin.
What am I doing wrong?

I remember that I was trying to build only the static libs because
otherwise I was getting the auto-import messages, and then my program
wouldn't work. When I had built *only* the static libs, and linked
against them then my program would work. Now with the newer version of
the cygwin and the included gcc-4, I can't get rid of the auto-import
feature at all.

My program uses program_options library and I know from previous
experience that that is where it hangs.

For the record, many tests in program_options or graph libraries do
not work either.

So, has anybody been able to build boost using gcc-4 on the new cygwin release?

Please help!

--
Eray Ozkural, PhD candidate.  Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara
Researcher, Erendiz Superbilgisayar Ltd.