Re: emacs -nw keypad, tpu-edt.el, and C-h

On 5/31/2009 10:15 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 5/31/2009 9:36 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:
Currently the code sends ^H for Alt+Backspace, which clobbers 'kill
word' in emacs, so that still needs to either move to Ctrl+Backspace
or be removed altogether.

Right. I forgot about that. Presumably there's no linux standard that says Alt-Backspace should be translated to ^H. If there were such a standard, then Alt-Backspace would never work as backward-kill-word in emacs under linux. So, again, I would vote for following the linux standard if there is one, and leaving Alt-Backspace alone otherwise.

"Leaving Alt-Backspace alone" is unclear. What I should have said is, "Do whatever needs to be done so that emacs interprets Alt-Backspace as M-DEL." I *think* that means just translating Backspace to DEL, as is now done when Alt isn't pressed. Presumably emacs knows that Alt was pressed and can interpret the keystroke accordingly. That's what happens with other Alt+key combinations.

Ken