Re: emacs hanging on Cygwin

On 4/12/2009 6:28 PM, Brandon Olivares wrote:
I'm trying to start using emacs, but it keeps hanging, somewhat randomly.
Usually it is a few minutes after I start it, and I haven't been able to
notice a pattern. Other times it hangs when I try to close it. The window
exits from emacs, but then it just shows the bash shell without the prompt
redisplaying.

Are you running emacs in the window you get by running cygwin.bat? If so, you might need to set CYGWIN=tty first. Other alternatives are mentioned in http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-03/msg00459.html . Yet another alternative is to use mintty.

Ken