Re: Windows executable fails to write to the registry when run in a cygwin shell but OK from a command prompt

Adoram Rogel wrote:
> When I run it in a Command prompt  - all is well, consistently.
> When I run it in a cygwin shell - it fails, consistently.
> The uid reported in cygcheck -s and the shell's user is an
> administrator, so no such problems should occur.
>
> Any ideas? where should I start looking?

  Version of windows?  UAC?  Behavioural-blocking security software?  Simple
testcase that uses the same windows APIs to try and write to the registry and
fails?

  Also, you could try running it under strace and looking for win32 errors in
the log file.  It's possible though that the bug might not appear when
launched from strace.

    cheers,
      DaveK