Can't get "man" to find local html pages

When I create directories containing "html" pages, man can;t find them. I have added to "/usr/share/misc/man.conf", the following entry: "MANPATH /usr/man/lman/htmlman1" and I placed the html file at: "/usr/man/lman/htmlman1/ntsec.html". I followed the following instructions per man man:

HTML PAGES
Man will find HTML pages if they live in directories named as expected
to be ".html", thus a valid name for an HTML version of the ls(1) man
page would be /usr/share/man/htmlman1/ls.1.html.

I also tried moving html1man1 directory up one level to:
/usr/man/htmlman1 with same effect.  What am I doing wrong??

Here is the tail end of "man -d ntsec":

using /usr/bin/lynx -dump to dump HTML pages as text adding /usr/man to manpath adding /usr/share/man to manpath adding /usr/local/apache/man to manpath adding /usr/man/bsd_man to manpath No manual entry for ntsec $