Re: problem with make-3.81

> I think Dave wants you to get the mingw-make from the mingw project site
:-)

Yes, I fill that. But that's a little bit complicated: to benefit from a
"pure" windows binary, you can compile a mingw binary using cygwin tools.
But you still need to download the make tool from the mingw website.

> Pssst. Don't tell anyone else here but when I want to compile
> programs for Windows systems that have no Cygwin dependencies, I
> just use the MinGW toolchain from the MinGW site.

I installed last week mingw. I am still fighting some cygwin habit while
using mingw :-)

> If the current plans for gcc4 are still in place -mno-cygwin
> will soon disappear. Maybe not soon enough.

Certainly a good thing. Do mingw things with mingw and cygwin things with
cygwin :-)

YC