Re: CSIH csih_get_cygenv function (was Re: permission problems with ssh-host-config)

On Jan 28 10:17, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > What I'm planning to do is this:
> >
> > - In cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh I would like to drop the
> >   check for the content of CYGWIN entirely.
>
> OK.

Fine.  I'll apply a patch at one point today.

> > - In ssh-host-config I'd like to set the default for the CYGWIN settings
> >   to an empty string.
>
> OK.
>
> > What do you think?
>
> We still have the on-going confusion concerning "Do you want to use
> another name?" with -y.

Yeah, I still have the patch I sent once here in my local CVS copy.  How
should we fix that?  The problem was about what to do if the --yes
option has been given on the command line, right?  My patch reverts the
meaning of the request and you said this breaks postinstall scripts.  I
just read your reply from 2008-12-09 again(*).  What strucks me as weird
is the fact that any postinstall script would ask for a user account at
all.  No postinstall script should ever try to install a Windows service
automatically, IMHO.  Assuming that's true, is the aforementioned
account problem a postinstall problem at all?

>  I'm hung up on libtool issues right now, but
> that's on the list to be addressed.  However, I won't hold up a release
> of csih-0.19 waiting for that.

It's not that pressing, IMHO.

> BTW, do you think we should fork csih for cygwin-1.7?

I don't think so.  CSIH already knows about cygwin 1.7 and can act
differently.  At one point you can simply stop supporting 1.5 in new
versions of csih and that's that.

Corinna

(*) http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-12/msg00189.html

Red Hat