Re: Cygwin and domain users...

garethrichardadams wrote:
Hi all,

I've set up Cygwin on a portable usb drive and would like to use it on
different machines.

The problem is that one of the machines is a standalone, the other is a
domain machine. When I used it from the standalone it worked fine. When I
started it on the domain machine I got:

Your group is currently "mkpasswd". This indicates that the /etc/passwd
files should be re-built...

What are the consequences of being in the mkpasswd group??

Is there anyway I can get Cygwin to run as a cygwin user - i.e. nothing to
do with the user that's currently logged into windows?

It's best to just add the users and groups needed the passwd and group files. This will allow Cygwin to work with these users as Windows sees them, which is really what you want. If you just have the current user to add, try:

  mkpasswd -c >>/etc/passwd
  mkgroup -c >>/etc/passwd

Holliston, MA 01746