Re: Trick cmd.exe of Windows XP to run cygwin Batch Script.

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Frank Fesevur
<ffes@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hongyi Zhao wrote:
>
>> I've some cygwin/bash scripts and I want to invoke them without log
>> into the Cygwin's bash terminal.  Is this possible?
>
> I have written a small utility named 'weft' that can set a file
> association to start .sh-files with a cygwin bash by double clicking
> it in the Explorer. I don't have it here anymore, so I have to dig
> that up in my archives if you interested.

Do you really need a utility for that? I mean you could always do that
with Windows explorer - Tools->Folder Options; at the File Types tab,
you can associate .sh files with bash executable. Or use the context
menu Open With and then browse and select bash.exe, with "Always use
this program .." option checked.

Alternatively, place the following thing into a batch file (.bat) and
double-click it.

c:\your\path\to\bash.exe your_script.sh

--
:J