RE: source for tree command?

Steve Lefevre wrote on Sunday, December 14, 2008 11:02 PM::

> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>> Steve Lefevre wrote:
>>> Hello -
>>>
>>> I'm desperately looking for a source for the tree command in cygwin.
>>> It isn't listed separately in any of the package sources that I
>>> looked at. I tried googling and search the cygwin website, but they
>>> just return results for "source tree" or "filesystem tree" --
>>> nothing about the tree command.
>>>
>>> Has in been abandoned from cygwin?
>>
>> I'd suggest you look for the package that the command is in, either
>> through <cygwin.com/packages> or via 'cygcheck -p tree'.  Neither of
>> these narrow things down very well for me to point you more directly
>> so I can only say that I would recommend that you
>> 'cygcheck -p $(which tree)' to see if that unearths a potential
>> package for you.  Once you find it, fire up 'setup.exe' and make
>> sure you
>> choose the 'Src?' box for the package.  The result will go in
>> '/usr/src'.
>
> Looks like my memory made something up -- Thorsten says it was never
> included in cygwin. That would make it difficult to find!
>
> I tried looking in the package search on the website, but of course I
> didn't find it. I thought it was due to ubiquity of the term 'tree',
> but it looks like it's because it just wasn't there.
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Steve

On my system:

$ cygcheck -f $(which tree)
tree-1.5.0-EL-1

This (the EL part) means it came from Eric Lassauge's site.  See
http://lassauge.free.fr/cygwin/release/

Try adding http://lassauge.free.fr/cygwin/ in setup as a custom
download site in order to pick up Eric's packages.  I think you'll
need to run setup with the --no-verify option to use it.

Phil
--
This email has been scanned by Ascribe PLC using Microsoft Antigen for Exchange.