Re: sshd - again

Christian Schneider wrote:
Hi,

i want to setup a lightweight opportunity to access the data on my pc.
After installing the most recent version of cygwin I configured sshd via ssh-host-config.
Access from local pc (localhost) with putty / WinSCP works fine.

Nevertheless access from another machine is not possible:
plink terminates without any msg, WinSCP alerts: Server unexpectedly closed network connection

I even deactivated my firewall completely but no success arised.

I didn't manipulated any filters like hosts.deny, the localhost's IP address is 192.168.1.1

None of the previous threads give appropriate solutions.
Hope somebody can help me

You'll want to enable verbosity on your client to see if that provides some insight. If not, you'll want to enable debugging on the server side to see if the information logged there clarifies the problem for you. This is really just basic ssh troubleshooting advice since there's nothing you've said so far that suggests this is a Cygwin-specific issue. So reading the man pages for 'ssh' and 'sshd' should help you out. One note - if you end up enabling debugging on the server, don't try to start 'sshd' from the command line unless the shell you start it from is owned by the same user that runs it as a service (i.e. SYSTEM, sshd_server, etc.) Google for "system owned shell" if you need more information on this. Don't take this note lightly unless you know what you're doing. If you do know what you're doing, you don't belong here. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746