Re: chmod permission denied on windows 2008

On Jul  7 15:37, Steven Hartland wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Hartland"
>>> Other than that, maybe using the (not yet production) Cygwin 1.7 is
>>> an option for you.  You can install a 1.7-based distro over your 1.5
>>> distro using another setup.exe: http://cygwin.com/setup-1.7.exe
>> I'll give this a shot in a bit and let you know.
>
> This seems to work fine, is there anything I should be aware of if we
> looked to use this in production environment?

The mount points are now stored in /etc/fstab and /etc/fstab.d/$USER
instead of in the system and user registry.  There are also a couple
of changes which we don't exactly consider ready for release.
In theory, you shouldn't use it in a production environment yet.

> One thing I did notice is that rebaseall fails with:-
> /usr/bin/cyglsa64.dll: fixing bad relocations
> FixImage (/usr/bin/cyglsa64.dll) failed with last error = 13
>
> As a temporary workaround I renamed it to allow rebase to complete on
> all but this file.

The DLL has been build with VC++ due to the lack of a 64 bit capable gcc
for Cygwin.  As long as this is the case, rebaseall will have to be
changed to skip cyglsa.dll and cyglsa64.dll.  For the time being, what
you did is the right thing to do.

Btw., another workaround using Cygwin 1.5.25 would be to use password
authentication, at least as long as you're not logging in to a domain
admin account.  The latter requires tweaking /etc/group...

Corinna

Red Hat