Re: chmod permission denied on windows 2008

On Jul  7 11:02, Steven Hartland wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Corinna Vinschen"
>>> I've attached the output from whoami in both cases. A privaledege
>>> missing from the sshd_server user may be? Note: ssh was installed
>>> with a slightly older than latest version of cygwin so if this has
>>> changed to support 2008 recently that could be where my problem lies.
>> No, it hasn't changed but there might be a problem in the seteuid()
>> function when running on 2008.  I'll investigate.
>> When you login through ssh, are you using password or pubkey auth?
>
> Pubkey auth, if there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

After further looking into this issue I fear I can't do anything against
that in Cygwin 1.5.25 anymore.  There is a strange privilege issue when
using impersonation tokens starting with Windows Vista.  The root of the
problem seems to be UAC.  Cygwin 1.5.25 is using impersonation tokens
quite heavily.  Due to this problem I dropped all the forced
impersonation token usage from 1.7, so the issue will be fixed in Cygwin
1.7 as far as I can see from my tests.

The only thing you might try is to switch off UAC entirely on that
system and try again.  I'm not sure if that helps since I can't test
this right now.  If you could try and report back?

Other than that, maybe using the (not yet production) Cygwin 1.7 is
an option for you.  You can install a 1.7-based distro over your 1.5
distro using another setup.exe: http://cygwin.com/setup-1.7.exe

Corinna

Red Hat