Re: grep raises signal ERR

You seem to be confused.   ERR is not a  signal; it is a shell feature
designed to trap exactly the circumstance you're seeing: some command
exits with nonzero status.  A nonzero exit status is an "error", which
is what ERR traps.

What do you *want* the "aborting" message to mean?

Mark J. Reed <markjreed@gmail.com>