RE: Unable to run sshd under a domain sshd_server account [SOLVED]

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> console

> > > member
> PrxPCAdmins"
> > >
> > > That wasn't what I was talking about.  I was just referring to the
> > > assertion that Windows doesn't know about user impersonation or
> > > user switching.
> > >
> > > As for your user token, Cygwin tries to get information about the
> user
> > > by asking the local machine what local and global groups the user
> is
> > > member in.  Some local groups are only in the user's group list,
> > > because
> > > one of the global grouyps is in turn member of a local group,
which
> is
> > > probably the case for the Admin's group.  For some reason your
> local
> > > machine doesn't return any of the information about the global
> domain
> > > groups your user is member in.  Possible reasons are that
> retrieving
> > > the
> > > PDC for the user's domain fails, or that the PDC refuses to list
> the
> > > user's groups for some reason.  That's something you would have to
> > > debug
> > > in your local installation.
> >
> > Ahh.  From my original email from a console cygwin shell:
> >   $ echo $USERDOMAIN
> >   FLOODDATA
> >
> > But when I login via ssh:
> >   $ echo $USERDOMAIN
> >   FDSVBLD01SGRAPE
> >
> > So when I login via ssh, the USERDOMAIN is set to the local machine
> > rather than the domain.  So I would suspect that the PDC is not even
> > being queried.
>
> You're jumping to conclusions.  The reason why USERNAME and USERDOMAIN
> are wrong I explained in my first reply.  Both values don't matter
when
> Cygwin tries to connect to the PDC, as long as the /etc/passwd
pw_gecos
> field contains a valid U-DOMAIN\username entry.  This information is
> used to connect to the PDC.
>

> Corinna

OK.  My /etc/passwd file was generated with the "mkpasswd -l -d"
command.
The /etc/passwd pw_gecos field for tschutter is just
"U-FLOODDATA\tschutter".  So what debugging step can I take next?

--
Tom Schutter
First American - Proxix Solutions