Re: Can't set access rights with chmod (additional info)

Ronald Fischer <fischerr.external <at> infineon.com> writes:
In addition to what I wrote in the previous posting, I also tried
the following:

export CYGWIN=smbntsec

Now the behaviour changed in that chmod now works well for *new*
files created, but for old files I still can't change anything.
This time, I get the error message "permission denied":

$ ls -l x1.pl
-rwx------+ 1 fischron ???????? 104 May  5 15:54 x1.pl
$ chmod ugo+x x1.pl
chmod: changing permissions of `x1.pl': Permission denied
$

Ronald