Re: [setup.exe crashes at cygrunsrv uninstall step]

Dave Korn wrote:
Marc wrote on 02 April 2008 13:39:

I have the following problem: When I try to run setup.exe (v.
2.573.2.2) to update my Cygwin installation, it crashes when
uninstalling cygrunsrv package. This happens every time I execute it. I
have tried:

This is probably a known bug to do with corrupted package listing files
which can be generated if a previous run was interrupted.

  To check, run "zcat /etc/setup/cygrunsrv.lst.gz" in a bash shell; if it
gives an error message, that confirms the problem.

If that is the case, you could give a try to my fixed version of setup.exe

http://rapidshare.com/files/98717404/setup.exe

or you could just delete the cygrunsrv.lst.gz manually and try again.

If not, post again, we'll see what else might be going wrong.

I've run into the same error. There was no error in cygrunsrv.lst.gz and deleting it did not correct the crash.

The version of setup on rapidshare.com did work.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077