Re: fetchmail pops up console windows

On Feb 22 13:50, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Hi
>
> This still bugs me. fetchmail pops up console windows when delivering
> mails to procmail.
> It doesn't matter if I run fetchmail directly from the commandline (in
> my case in a rxvt window under X) or as a service.
>
> I build a debug version of fetchmail. But when running it under the
> insight debugger the problem vanishes.

Add a sleep(60) early in the main function, rebuild, start fetchmail,
then attach gdb to the running process from another console window,
using the pid of fetchmail as second parameter.  Then set a breakpoint
to the next line after the sleep and continue.  This decouples the
console handling of fetchmail from the console handling of gdb.

Corinna

Red Hat