Re: Unable to get Setup to work...

Mel Rosso-Llopart wrote:
Every attempt to get setup to work has failed.  Either I get an empty
directory tree for cygwin on my C: drive or setup aborts with the tradition
XP failure window to send a message to Microsoft.  Some interesting
symptoms:
1) Dr. Watson also aborts after trying to dump the setup dump

I'm not sure what this means.

2) When the screen comes up to show my locations from which to select my
download, it is always blank

This suggests to me that you don't have a connection to the network or at least not 'http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html'. See what you get with 'http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html'.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746