Re: Help with Make

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 01:41:48PM +0000, Richard Head wrote:
>>   What kind of "not working"?  If it's still saying "Not found", then it's got
>> to be not in the path after all; if it's some other error message now, tell us
>> which?
>
>Still saying gcc: command not found, and d:\cygwin\bin is def in the path.

There isn't any mystery to how this works.  If you really have d:\cygwin\bin
in your path and gcc is really in d:\cygwin\bin then any application, whether
cygwin-based or not, will find gcc.

In Windows your path should look something like:

d:\cygwin\bin;c:\windows\system;...
                   semicolons

We've reached the point where you need to provide the details mentioned at
http://cygwin.com/problems.html.  The cygcheck output, in particular would
probably show what the problem is but you should run the cygcheck command
from outside of a cygwin shell.

cgf