Re: Graphicks Magic on Vista?

Lee D. Rothstein wrote:

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

On 01/12/2008, Lee D. Rothstein wrote:

gm.exe on vista doesn't work

Sorry, can't provide any other feedback about your message ATM. :-(

Larry are you working the problem of gm not even being able to generate help much less image transformation on Cygwin on Vista. I am willing to help, to the extent that my meager GNU development skills will allow. Test, maybe?

I was writing a brief tutorial on using 'gm' to do batch
processing of oodles of images, when my system died and the new
Vista system renders (if you'll excuse the expression) 'gm' a goner.

unMagicklee

I had left the message in my inbox as a reminder that I should boot up into Vista at some point and play with Cygwin. But I haven't been there yet (and probably won't be for at least a couple of weeks). The system I have with Vista is primarily an XP machine for work and booting down and around to Vista just isn't an non-intrusive enough task that I can do it quickly and easily. Beyond that, I don't know diddly about 'gm' so about the only thing I'm likely to have a chance to do when I get there is run it and see if things work better or worse for me relative to XP. One can always hope that I have some inspiration if and when I see a problem but at this point, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath waiting for me to come up with a patched version, unless you're looking to set a new world record for breath- holding. ;-)

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746