Re: "net use" (and "net config")

On 2008-01-17, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

>> > Well you do but it's SYSTEM's "userland".
>
> You can by authenticating explicitely for every single share.
> When you log in with pubkey authentication, you can attach to the
> share like this:
>
>   bash$ net use \\\\server\\share /user:domain\\username password

I already tried that and it doesn't work.  I get

  System error 5 has occurred.

  Access is denied.

I checked the server logs and it's not seeing a request, the
access denied is happening locally on the SMB clinet end.

> The drawback is that the share isn't persistent.  You have to do
> the above every time you log in using pubkey.

That would be fine, but it doesn't work.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Can you MAIL a BEAN
                                  at               CAKE?