Re: how to revert to gnuplot 4.0 as 4.2 does not work

Graham Lamont wrote:
I produced lots of plots with 4.0 --- great tool.

But my cygwin has now been auto-updated to gnuplot 4.2:
1Now none of my 4.0 generated scripts will load properly.
2Will not read data in engineering notation
3Doesn't seem to handle variable manipulation (eg 1:($3-2)*10) properly

Basically completely knackered for my purposes

Is there ANY way i can revert to 4.0 which was perfect ?

If you have 4.0 in your local download directory, you should be able to
re-run 'setup.exe' and point it to that directory to see the packages you
have there.  You can reinstall the version you want that way.  Otherwise, it
looks like it's still available on mirrors, though 'setup.exe' won't see
it automatically.  Download it (with 'wget' or similar tool) and put it
in the proper directory in your local download directory and follow the
prescription above.  A complete problem report would likely prove more
productive in the long run for you though, since you'll find each time
you run 'setup.exe' in the future, it will automatically upgrade 'gnuplot'
on you.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746