To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:48 AM
Subject: Re: still having problem: devenv through sshd

On Dec 18 17:34, Derek Lei Liu wrote:
Kind of wondering if this thing ever work for anyone. A few weeks back, i
had problem to run "devenv" build script through sshd on windows 2003
server. here is the thread:
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2007-11/msg00473.html The symptom was
basically the same script can be executed from remote desktop console, but
not through ssh session. the script simplely hang and doesn't spill out any
error message. I struggled a lot with it and finally gave up even with
Dave's help. I then give up 2003 and moved to XP. The problem with XP is
even more subtle now. I can ssh in with password authentication and execute
the script just fine (one step closer compare to 2003). However, public key
authentication still not working (i am getting the fatal error C1902:
Program database manager mismatch; please check your installation). There
was a thread discussed this issue so i thought the problem can be worked
around by just using password authentication. Since i need passwordless
login process, i employeed perl Net-SCP-Expect and Net-SSH. Both module
works just fine and are using password authentication (that's what they are
designed for). However, remotely executing the build script still give me
C1902 errors. I just can't figure out what's the difference between
password login interactively and using perl modules. I am stuck again, need
some help here. Thanks.

Did you try the latest Cygwin 1.5.25-7? There's a small change when creating the user token which might help. I can't promise it does, because it was originally to workaround a problem in 2003 Server, not in XP.

Other than that, the Cygwin ML archive has a pointer to a Microsoft
Hotfix to workaround this problem in Visual Studio:
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2006-10/msg00383.html

Corinna

Red Hat