Re: Problem in launching a tool due to Bold Font Error

Pradeep S wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to launch a tool which required Bold font. I have already
downloaded the Bold font iin my cygwin. Using the following method.

$ mkdir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bitmap $ cp courM12.bdf /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bitmap
$ cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bitmap
$ mkfontdir
$ xset fp+ /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bitmap

The above helped me to launch the tool from a particular server.
However, when I tried to launch through another server, it gave the
following error:
              IOOA FATAL INSTALLATION ERROR

Bold Fonts not available. Please see relevant section of the
IOOA installation guide (Section: IOOA Foreign X terminals.)

But I have already added the Bold Font and also successfully launched the
tool in another server.

What could be the problem. Is there anything else to be taken care of?
Please help me out

Thanking in advance.

This is really an X question.  You should pose it to the cygwin-xfree list
if you believe this to a Cygwin-specific problem.  If it's not, then general
X forums would be the right place to ask, if you cannot find information in
X FAQs and email archives.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746