Re: OpenSSH for windows issue

On 10/17/07, Mick Ken  wrote:
> Friends,
> I am trying to install SSH on a Windows 2003 server since last 3 days
> and still no luck.
>
> I have tried literally everything and searched 100s of google  pages
> but I am getting this error.I would greatly appreciate if someone can
> help me resolve this.
>
> Here's the trace from the server end:
>
> E:\Program Files\OpenSSH\usr\sbin>sshd -d
- - - - - cut lots of stuff - - - - -

Not the ssh server installed from http://cygwin.com/setup.exe is it?

Seriously, just run setup.exe and install the basics + the ssh server
(openssh in the Net category).

Run ssh-host-config, run ssh-user-config, it works.  Takes care of
creating a service account and giving the appropriate rights and
appropriate limitations.  Takes care of getting the permissions
correct.

Easy.

Leave "OpenSSH for Windows" out of this if you want to use cygwin
tools.  If all you want is an SSH server that runs on Windows and
gives you a cmd.exe prompt when you connect, then "OpenSSH for
Windows" is for you and, of course, this is not where you would get
support for it.

-Jason