RE: Cygwin Installation Problems on Windows Vista (killing sh.exe helps)

On 19 September 2007 16:42, lent wrote:

> For getting the installation to keep going, killing off an sh.exe process
> via
> Task Manager's End Process, moves things along.  This also seems to need to
> be done for "texf" (I think that was the name) package.

  Hell, you can make the whole thing "move along" even better, by simply
killing 'setup.exe' instead of sh.exe.  Sure, it may not be correct, but at
least it's fast, eh?

  Or you could wait for it to finish doing whatever vital job it was doing.
Your choice.

> At least we get to the final setup screen this way :-)

  Works my way too, *and* with the added advantage you don't end up with a
semi-broken installation.

    cheers,
      DaveK