[support.osuosl.org #2894] Possible trojan in mingw package on one mirror

On Thu Aug 09 15:58:57 2007, gthorpe@ryerson.ca wrote:
> Gary Thorpe wrote:
[...]
> > Eventually, I tried a different mirror (mirrors.kernel.org)
> > and this did not recur.

[...]
> Feedback from AVG suggests this is in fact a false positive (the next
> updates of the program's database should confirm this).

It is interesting, though, that it detected it on one file downloaded (from us) but not from
kernel.org.  You mentioned that the MD5 checksum verified correctly on the one you
downloaded from us--did the same file from kernel.org have a different checksum?

--
Eric Searcy
OSU Open Source Lab