Re: Socket inheritance with fork/dup2/exec

Lev Bishop wrote:

> Actually, pipe() is implemented in cygwin using win32  named pipes,
> not anonymous pipes, as I recall. But, you are right that using pipe()
> should solve this particular problem.

Hmm, that does appear to be the case.

Unless I'm mistaken anonymous pipes are just a degenerate form of named
pipes created by the system in a given namespace
(\Device\NamedPipe\Win32Pipes.$DWORD.$DWORD ?) so I guess you could say
they're all the same thing anyway.  :)

Brian