Re: ssh gives nt authority/system

Lucio Cosmo wrote:

> Il giorno 23/mag/07, alle ore 19:42, Larry Hall (Cygwin) ha scritto:
>
>> Lucio Cosmo wrote:

>>> As far as I understand the problem is caused from the user that starts
>>> up sshd, which is nt_authority/system.
>>> In my situation, it's ok to launch manually the ssh daemon, if this
>>> solves the problem.
>>>
>>> If so, how can it be done ?
>>
>> Just run it.  But there's no reason you can't run it as a service under
>> a different user.  You loose the ability for the service to change to
>> another user (so you'll always be the user that the service started as,
>> in every way) but since you're willing to give that up already, I don't
>> see that as an issue.
>
> Not so much expert in bash commands and enviroment.
> How can it be done ?
>
> "cygrunsrv --start sshd" does not solve, obviously :)

If you've already run ssh-host-config, then doing the above is just going
to start the service with the user specified at install time, either
SYSTEM or sshd_server.  Your best bet is to uninstall the service and
reinstall it specifying the user you want.  Include the password too.

'cygrunsrv --uninstall sshd' should uninstall the current service.
See 'ssh-host-config' for how to invoke 'cygrunsrv' to install with a
particular user.  Sorry, can't be more specific than that at the moment.
I don't have Cygwin handy. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746