Re: ssh gives nt authority/system

Il giorno 23/mag/07, alle ore 19:42, Larry Hall (Cygwin) ha scritto:

Lucio Cosmo wrote:

Il giorno 15/mag/07, alle ore 16:06, Larry Hall (Cygwin) ha scritto:

Lucio Cosmo wrote:
Hello All.
[....]

Try password authentication. If you need public key authentication,
you'll either have to wait until 1.7 releases with the subauth
functionality
in it or pull a snapshot now (with all the obvious caveats about using a
snapshot).

As far as I understand the problem is caused from the user that starts
up sshd, which is nt_authority/system.
In my situation, it's ok to launch manually the ssh daemon, if this
solves the problem.

If so, how can it be done ?

Just run it. But there's no reason you can't run it as a service under
a different user. You loose the ability for the service to change to
another user (so you'll always be the user that the service started as,
in every way) but since you're willing to give that up already, I don't
see that as an issue.

Not so much expert in bash commands and enviroment. How can it be done ?

"cygrunsrv --start sshd" does not solve, obviously :)

Thanks.