RE: ERROR: bash: /etc/profile: No medium found

On 24 April 2007 19:31, intiha Ho gai wrote:

> hehe.. yeah.. I did that.. several time :) still no good.. I think it
> has to do something with the $HOME getting set to the windows
> environment var HOME but in my laptop (different from the desktop that
> work on usually) I can still see the same config (i.e. window env
> showing HOME as c:\My docs...\ ) but in my cygwin shell (for laptop)
> the HOME is my home directory in cygwin.

  Ok, "No medium" means there is no such drive.  So, the problem is that the
drive you installed cygwin onto is no longer connected to the computer.

  Perhaps it would have helped if you'd sent us your cygcheck output.
Otherwise, we have to try random guesswork.  So here's my random guess:

  Is it possible you've got an incredibly complex setup where you've installed
cygwin to a USB drive and you're trying to share it between two different
machines?

    cheers,
      DaveK