cygwin svn client and tortoise svn

Hi there,

I have a svn repository on my pc (the repository has been created under
cygwin) and I am able to perform whatever svn operation when using the
cygwin svn client e.g.
$ svn status
$ svn update
etc.

On top of that, I've installed tortoisesvn for windows xp and for those
directories which are svn workspaces (I am referring to the user folders
after a checkout has been done and not the directories in the actual svn
repository), tortoisesvn identifies these directories as user workspaces and
provides the svn context menu for those. These context menus allow to
perform SVN update, SVN Commit, etc.

Now the issue I am having is that when I try to run SVN update from
Tortoisesvn context menu, I get the following error message:

Error    Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
Error    Unable to open repository
'file:///cygdrive/c/home/arcrep/trunk/samples'

Any idea why I am getting this issue ? Are the entries in the .svn sub
directory not in the correct format for tortoisesvn to use (these entries
were initially created by cygwin client svn since the initial checkout was
done with cygwin client svn) ?

Many thanks,
Teggy