...Karl

From: "Wynfield Henman" Subject: Re: Re: [cygrunsrv] problem starting exim as service
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:31:41 +0900

Peaty,
 I had the same problem.  And I agree that cygrunsrv should tell us
correctly whether or not exim is running.  In fact exim does get set
to run as a daemon on boot up.
cygrunsrv  -L (or whatever the list) processes option will not show
you this.  I believe that it should show this process as running (but
some say that exim detaches itself and so cygrunsrv can't know about
it)..  if would know if it did a process check, but that's another
matter..

So you may be trying to start exim when it is already running.
When you start up get into a cygwin terminal and type
ps -aW | grep exim

That fact was that exim was running.

Also I had priviledge problems that I got around with chmod.

Henman