Re: Setting up a ssh service

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 05:10:35PM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Web Developer wrote:
>
> > add a new entry to system variables:
> > New variable name is CYGWIN, variable value is ntsec
>
> Why do people keep repeating this chestnut?  'ntsec' is the default.
> There is no need to have it in CYGWIN.  Having CYGWIN=ntsec is a no-op.
> This does nothing.
>
> Brian

It's in the SSH doc.

BTW: I've had the funky SSH issues before where nothing at all works. My
solution was pretty much voodoo based:

1. Delete every single ssh, ssh_server, ssh-related user manually. Delete
these users from /etc/passwd as well as the windows side of the things.
2. Delete every dynamically generated ssh file - keys, config, etc.
3. Run ssh-host-config again.