Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: openssl-0.9.8e-1, openssl-devel-0.9.8e-1

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Chuck wrote:
I have both openssl 0.9.8 and 0.9.7 installed. How can I find out what
is using 097 and get rid of it if I don't need it anymore?

Based on Corinna's comment, it's fair to assume that if you have this package, it is because you have one of the following situations:

  2. You had a package that used it but didn't get uninstalled
     properly for some reason, leaving around openssl097.

Shouldn't that be:

2. You had a package that used it at one point.

??

I wouldn't expect the installer to remove a legacy package A if, after installing B which depends on A, you then upgrade B so that it no longer needs A. How would it know that you didn't meanwhile build something that uses A?

--
Matthew
Vs lbh pna ernq guvf jvgubhg fbsgjner, lbh ner n FREVBHF areq! -- Nqncgrq sebz Znggurj Jva (ivz-qri znvyvat yvfg)