Re: Installation does not complain, but no vi

moka@hol.gr wrote:
Ok, though I do not remember it being under editors and I specifically checked
It has things like nedit, I think also mc, but no vi. Anyway,
 I noticed also installed X programs do not run, like when I do
startxwin
(you get a white console, means  X is running)
then something like xmgrace(which I did select for installation)
 or grace
and there is no complaint like it cannot find the app, as I got for vi
but nothing happens.

vim is an available package.  If you can't find it in any of the views
via 'setup.exe', please try a different mirror.  Be assured it is there.
If you're curious, you can find a list of all available packages at
<www.cygwin.com/packages>.  This is essentially the same list that
'setup.exe' will show you with in the "All" view.  If, after thorough
effort, you still can't find what you're looking for, please read and
follow the problem reporting guidelines found at the link below before
posting a follow-up message to this list.  The information that you
provide in the report will help bootstrap the resolution of your issue
as opposed to getting stuck in a "can't find it; it's there" loop of
messages.

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746