Re: Eliminating -mno-cygwin from gcc?

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 10:29:01AM -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>Matt Wozniski wrote:
>>Before simply ripping out support for it, how about just adding a
>>message to gcc so that when passed "-mnocygwin" on the command line, it
>>warns that it's deprecated and will be removed in the near future,
>>before processing?
>
>...and add a REALLY BIG MESSAGE that, if something breaks, the person to
>complain to is the package maintainer and not the Cygwin ML. :-)

No, if something breaks then the user has to fix it.

I don't mind adding a deprecated feature but I think some kind of
optional wrapper script eliminates the need.

And, I really think that we should consider adding some kind of way
to warn people about these issues in setup.exe.  I've always thought that
it should be somehow possible for packages to open dialog boxes.

cgf