Re: activestate perl on cygwin

Kevin T Cella wrote:
... there is nothing Cygwin-specific about writing such a wrapper script. As I said, any good bash tutorial would have contained enough information for you to write one. Since this is not a bash support list, discussion of techniques for making such scripts work is off-topic.
That's debatable, the distinction is vague at best.
Not to anybody here. There are various solutions to your "problem", some involving a wrapper script in a shell such as bash or handling the situation in Perl itself. Being as this list is about Cygwin the emulation environment itself, it's clear that "how to write a bash wrapper script to call some thing outside of Cygwin's purvey" or similar in Perl is definitely off topic by definition. If you cannot see that distinction then I don't know what to tell ya. Cygwin is made to work with Cygwin, not <arbitrary Windows oriented application>. That part's up to you to implement with the tools provided.

--

Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Sped up my XT; ran it on 220v! Works greO?_~"