Re: Vista 64 users, please test snapshot

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> I've applied a patch to Cygwin which should workaround what appears to
> be a compatibility bug in WOW64 on Vista 64.
>
> Please try the latest snapshot DLL from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

This worked nicely for me, except that I do see a couple of problems with
Cygwin in Vista 64 that I do not see in an identical Cygwin installation under
Windows XP:

1. The bash $PATH environment variable does not get set properly - it has all
of the paths from the windows %PATH% (properly translated to /cygdrive/c) but
does not include "/usr/bin".

2. Some Windows environment variables are getting translated to "/cygdrive/c",
but some are not. The %PATH%, %TEMP% and %TMP% are translated, but I have GTK
installed and, amongst others, %GTK_BASEPATH% does not get translated:

[~]: echo $TEMP
/cygdrive/c/Users/Ian/AppData/Local/Temp
[~]: echo $GTK_BASEPATH
C:\GTK

To work around these I had to add the following in my .bash_login, neither of
which were needed under Windows XP:

# These not normally required but added for snapshot 12/6/06 for Vista 64:
export PATH="/usr/bin:$PATH"
export GTK_BASEPATH="/cygdrive/c/GTK"

Ian