Re: Installation problem(?) for grace: HOW DO I GET old xorgs?

Ugh - top-posting reformatted: http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU

>> You neglected to give any information regarding your setup, see:
>>
>>> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>> but I might hazard a guess that you're seeing this problem:
>>
>> <http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-10/msg00354.html>
>>
>> luckily this is solved by using a newer Imagemagick.
>>
>>   Volker

According to moka AT hol.gr on 11/24/2006 7:55 AM:
                 ^^^^
You may want to consider configuring your mailer to provide a name
alongside your email address, to reduce the amount of spam you get.

> Subject: Re: XmGrace does not work
                                                           ^^^^

Ugh - raw email address munged: http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

> I seem to have two different paths for the problem.
> One is to download an old xorg, then the question is: WHERE DO I GET THAT?

Not necessary.  This list encourages using newer solutions, since other
bugs have been fixed in the meantime.

> The second is use a newer Imagemagick. Again, the question is : WHERE DO I GET
> THAT?

Rerun setup.exe, and make sure that Imagemagick is selected.  If you have
previously installed it, you should automatically get it updated.

> Found: D:\MINGW\1.0\bin\cat.exe
> Found: c:\cygwin\bin\cat.exe
> Warning: D:\MINGW\1.0\bin\cat.exe hides c:\cygwin\bin\cat.exe

You are asking for problems by mixing your environment like this.

> ImageMagick              6.3.0.1-2

In fact, your cygcheck output shows that you already have the latest
version of ImageMagick.

- --
Life is short - so eat dessert first!

Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net