Re: Reboot vs. Restart Windows

So as to add to the confusion...

At one point, and maybe still, you could "Restart Windows" without rebooting
your computer. If I recall correctly, it would drop to the subsystem (DOS?)
and a message stating "Restarting Windows..." would display on your screen.

So, restarting was not necessarily rebooting at one time. I don't know how
this plays out, though, as either would do what you wanted.

BTW, can one say they restarted Cygwin without restarting windows? Does that
make sense?