Problem running cygwin with 3rd party dll

Hi all,

I am working on a project that requires mixing linux code with windows
code.  I have a lot of code that is already written for linux and it
compiles fine under cygwin, but I need to use it under windows so that I
can have access to a MATRIX Vision camera that has drivers only for
windows.

The CD that came with the camera installed the drivers along with
libraries that allow me to interface with it.  The example code runs fine
in Visual Studio.

In cygwin with gcc, to compile and link against the dll I link against two
.lib files that came with the camera's software using these commands:

gcc -c -g -mwindows -I./include/ -o ./Build/mvTest.o ./src/blah.c
gcc -o ./bin/mvTest ./Build/mvTest.o $(LIBS)

Where $(LIBS) is:
LIBS=./lib/mvDeviceManager.lib \
		./lib/mvDisplay.lib \
		-lpthread

The simple test code I have compiles and links against these libs (and
headers) with no problems.  But when I run it it crashes, and gdb gives me
this output:

---------
$ gdb ./bin/mvTest.exe
GNU gdb 6.3.50_2004-12-28-cvs (cygwin-special)
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
(gdb) run
Starting program:
/home/Administrator/CIMAR/Core/Johnson/mvTestProject/bin/mvTest.exe
0

0x20012de1 in mvPropHandling!mvCreateAccessToken ()
   from /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/mvPropHandling.dll
(gdb) quit
The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y
--------

This same code runs fine in Visual Studio.

Is this problem just something that cygwin can't solve? Or is there
something I could try to get this to work?  My cygwin configuration is
attached.

Any helpful suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated as I'm running out of
time to get this working.

--
Greg Slepak
Software Developer