This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh server: authentification problem
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 17:30:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: ssh server: authentification problem
- References: <4524BBA1.email@example.com>
* carole gimenez (Thu, 05 Oct 2006 10:00:33 +0200)
C arole G imenez?
> We installed cygwin 1.5.21-1 with openssh-4.3p2-3 on a windows 2003
> server. Then we installed winscp on another windows 2003 server to make
> We created users on Active Directory.
> We followed installation instructions of this site:
You shouldn't have done that. All you need is in
> We choosed password authentication.
> When we try to log on ssh server with any user, we obtain this message:
> "access denied". Otherwise, if this user belongs to the
> "Administrateurs" group, it works fine. Why?
If you followed the "french" instructions you have only local users in
/etc/passwd (same with /etc/group). Therefor you shouldn't be able to
log in with any domain account.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html