Re: updated bash to latest 3.1.17(8)-release; startup has errors now

DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
As I often do after an absence, I ran setup.exe on my system and
updated my cygwin installation.

After doing this, I get some wacky errors when I try to run a bash
shell (double-clicking the cygwin icon).

I don't know why I'm wasting my breath; no one that needs to read this is going to do so, but...

Any time you upgrade a package and something that was working, stops working... *RTFRNBG*! In Cygwin's case, this means the ANNOUNCEMENT that went to cygwin-announce. And the SECOND thing you should do is STFLA for similar problems. In this case, looking for 'bash' in the last week of activity would have answered your question, or at least pointed you at a thread where you could contribute without looking like an idiot who doesn't know how to RTFRA or STFLA.

(1: Read The (YKWGH) Release Notes Before Griping, also RTFRNBC (RTFRNBComplaining), RTFRN, and for Cygwin, RTFRA where A = ANNOUNCEMENT)
(2: You Know What Goes Here)
(3: Search The (YKWGH) List Archives)

--
Matthew
If this message is intercepted, the sender will disavow all knowledge of its existence.