Re: no message or dialog when a DLL is missing

Pierre Baillargeon wrote:
Problem: when running a program from bash and the program requires a DLL that is missing (or lacks a particular function), I do not get any error message nor dialog box. Only a exit status of 128. Can I change this behavior?

What I expected is a dialog would pop-up saying "XYZ.dll not found" like cmd.exe does, for example.

I assume you are running 'on the glass'? Are you using rxvt or some other terminal emulator other than Windows CUI (which you get running 'bash' either directly or via direct invocation of either a .bat or cmd.exe), especially something that is known to cause this like a local putty session?

--
Matthew
'$ time make world' -> real 5d:14h:37m:5.291s user 0m:0.000s sys 4d:2h:14m:43.712s