Re: Problem with grep -Fwf (version 2.5.1a-1 and 2.5.1a-2)

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 04:12:24PM -0400, Daniel Einspanjer wrote:
>I'm sorry, the message appeared to be formatted properly when I posted it
>but something must have happened during transmission.  Each file should
>have three lines. the data file has abc, def, and ghi.  The filter file has
>abc, de, and ghi.  The de line is significant to test the -w whole word
>matching flag.
>I appreciate your looking at this and I'm sorry for the confusion.  Could
>you try it again with the files the way I just described and see if you
>might be able to reproduce the problem?
>
>===== data.txt =====
>abc
>def
>ghi
>==========
>===== filter.txt =====
>abc
>de
>ghi

Yes, I can reproduce it now and see that it goes away if I update the
grep sources with patches from the FC5 release.  I'll release a new
version of grep this weekend.

I wonder why every test case I tried worked.  I didn't think I had the
standard developer's blind spot for grep.

cgf